Wednesday, October 30

SOMEDAY I WILL

1,2,3,4

Someday I will be a great cook. My apartment here in Cost Rica isn't really conducive to cooking. We have no oven, and only two burners that have three distinct heat settings. Yes, I can make endless amounts of pasta and cook up fried egg upon fried egg. And sure, I've been able to make a few recipes here and there. But a lot of them are more of just preparing things. Cut up a bunch of ingredients, throw them together, voi la. A lot of times they taste great, but I don't really consider it cooking. I want to be able to cook real, intricate recipes. Recipes for risotto and anything wrapped in prosciutto are the kinds of recipe feats I want to one day master. I'm excited to go home and hopefully learn a thing or two from my mother about making some great food.

Do you have any recipes that you have been able to master?

linking up today with Taylor for Someday I will...

6 comments:

Kate @ Another Clean Slate said...

I'd love to be a great cook too but my kitchen isn't conducive to it either right now. Someday!

The Baby Giraffe said...

One day I will not burn the hamburger helper. That is about all I can hope for. Glad to find you through the link-up!
The Baby Giraffe



SMD @ lifeaccordingtosteph said...

I am a great cook, but it helps to have a kitchen that's conducive to cooking!

Taylor Grace said...

Yum yum yum! Please make that food and send it to me!

Laura Darling said...

I hope to be a great cook someday too! For now, I'm a whiz with the microwave! :-)

Courtney said...

I feel the same way! I thought I would instantly become a master chef as soon as I moved to Spain, but sadly that could not be farther from the truth. (I truly know how you feel about cooking way too many fried eggs...)

I miss having a kitchen conducive to cooking and a plethora of ingredients to choose from! One day!!

courtneylikkel.blogspot.com