Thursday, October 24

RECIPE: PICO DE GALLO

Pico de Gallo Ingredients

Pico de Gallo

Going along with my goal of eating more fruits and vegetables this week, I decided to take my own advice to make it a little more interesting. Here in Costa Rica, pico de gallo is eaten all the time. I've watched Paris's family members make it countless times to be used at family parties with rice and beans, meat, eggs, tacos, chicken, you name it. So I decided I would try to make it myself to have on hand so that I can easily add some tomatoes and some flavor to anything I eat!

All you need are those four ingredients up there: lemon juice, onion, cilantro, and tomato.

First, chop up the amount of tomato that you want to use. I used two big tomatoes so that I could throw the extra pico de gallo in a tupperware and keep it. Next, chop up some onion. I used a little more than half of the one you see. Next goes in the chopped cilantro and to top it off the lemon juice. For the two whole tomatoes I would use the juice of a whole lemon. Mix everything up and add some salt if you like and you are done! Super easy right? 

Next I thought I would show you an example of how you can use your freshly made pico de gallo. A breakfast burrito! Because I don't like to make a big fuss in the kitchen (maybe one day) this "recipe" is also super easy.

On top of a tortilla, scramble an egg, cut a few slices of avocado and add your pico de gallo. 
That's it! Told you it was easy.


11 comments:

Something Infinitely Interesting said...

yummmy!!

Unknown said...

YUM!!!

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

Oh yum! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love recipes with simple ingredients! Thanks for sharing!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

Mmmm I love pico! I make my own guacamole all the time, but I've never thought of making my own pico! Thanks for sharing this recipe. :)

Chelsea said...

Looks delicious!!!

Anonymous said...

Britta, this looks delicious! I've pinned this to give it a try next week.

Kate | Diaries of a Essex Girl

With Arms Outstretched said...

this looks delicious.

Susannah said...

This looks SO GOOD!!! One of my goals in life is to make pico de gallo only from veggies I grow in a garden. :-)

jannatul12 said...

omg! easy fizzy. sure ll make this today