Monday, August 27

when you're lonely for home



one of my all time favorite musicians once said, 

"when you're lonely for home, sometimes the home of a dear friend is a worthy substitute"

now, i read this from one of his blog posts years ago and it has always stuck with me. i tried to find the blog post he wrote it in but it seems that that blog no longer exists. so if you're reading this, andrew mcmahon (i'd die), i tried to credit you.

anyway, this sunday was a perfect example of why that quote has stayed with me. i don't always feel quite so at home in this country and quite often find myself missing home. however yesterday was one of those days where i felt right at home because of the company i was with. it was one of those days where paris's whole immediate family got together over lunch (and then another restaurant for coffee) and spent hours talking, story telling, advice giving, and of course, laughing.
and it felt like home.

6 comments:

Bret said...

So glad you had a ray of sunshine in your sunday :)
xo bhrett

Anonymous said...

hey there! newest follower to your blog! what part of NJ are you from?? i was born in glen ridge and lived there for about 10 years before moving to AZ. glad you had a friend there to ease some of the homesickness!
xox
ellen
thishive.blogspot.com

Lindsey said...

love you ands miss you B
xoxo

Niki {Glossy Blonde} said...

That is so nice that being so far away you are still able to surround yourself with people who make you feel at home! I lived in Atlanta then Florida for 5 years and although it wasn't nearly as far away, I got very homesick! I was lucky to have good company and I'm happy you do too :)

Lynne said...

Glad you had folks you love to surround you. Isn't there some kind of quote phrase about Home is not a place, it's a .....something? Now it's gonna drive me nuts till I think of it! : )

Unknown said...

so happy you found something that felt like home. sometimes that is really needed!